Re: Please HELP: installing X on Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301

I'm having a lot of trouble getting X to run on my Toshiba Satellite
1905-S301 laptop.  I have searched many of the sites that supposedly
have info on installing Linux on Toshibas (for example
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/, and
http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/index.htm), but I've found

Try http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/

(though I see no 1905 there).

Anyway the site gives a good reason to avoid toshiba:

"Toshiba only supports officially Microsoft operating systems at this
time." (and even on those it works badly and the support is laughable, I
should add)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you

[XFree86]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [X.Org]     [Site Home]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Share Pictures]     [Rubini]
[Photo]     [Yosemite]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [XFree86 Forum]     [Linux Resources]