Re: Problems with Type1 big fonts

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 08:19:31PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>AA> Warning: font renderer for ".pcf" registered more than once
>
>For some reason that I don't understand, all renderers get registered
>twice in the modular server.  FreeType is not at fault.

I haven't seen any evidence of all renderers being registered twice.
The "bitmap" module is always loaded by the core server, so also specifying
it in the Modules section of the config file may lead to it being
registered twice.

>I've added this warning to fontfile/renderer.c in the hope that
>somebody competent will end up looking into that.

I modified that a little to only print the warnings for the first server
generation -- otherwise you see them every time the X server recycles.
I also modified the registration code to clear the list of renderers
at the start of each new server generation.

David