Re: nvidia problems glxgears hangs box

On Sunday 24 November 2002 11:19 am, you wrote:
> Forgive me if this has been received, I did not receive it back myself. I
> will follow up with an update
>
> On Saturday 23 November 2002 02:43 am, you wrote:

> > include the nvidia driver option for agp use set to 3 (search and use
> > agpgart first, then nvidia's own internat AGP)!/

> Michael,
> 	I have made some headway. Running glxgears sometimes does NOT hang X and I
> get a frame rate of 2100-2300 f/sec. GL apps still hang X or crash if I
> push them. I'm running a beta of Pro_Engnieer (CAD application) that has
> recently been ported to *nix., and rotating or zooming a view very quickly
> commonly either crashes the app or locks the x-session.

glxgears now appears stable, after changing NVagp option to "3" as you
recomended. Framerates are now about 2300 f/sec in the normal window and 300
f/sec full screen at 1600x1200  Pro_E seems fine when I use it's controls to
zoom, pan,rotate etc, but if I use the scroll wheel in my Logitech 3 button
scroll track ball to zoom very quickly I can still crash the app The mouse
uses protocol "IMPS/2" Any ideas? This is not a huge problem as such rapid
zooming is not really needed but it is irritating, (lost data etc) and
obviously should be corrected. Thanks for your help so far
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free