Re: force linear memory with vesa 1.2

Hi,

Not sure this will help, but have had similar problem.

In XF86Config, try not to use the general VESA driver, but
the specific ati rage128 driver. Hopefully you have it.

That is in Xf86Config:
Section "Device"
Driver "ati"                                  Not "VESA

Works for ATI 128Rage and is so much faster than the general "VESA"

Hans.

E-mail: Hans.Borg@irf.se