problems getting X to work on Mac system with 2 video cards

I've been trying to get Linux running on a Mac clone with built in
Video and a 3rd party card. I cannot get X to run. A couple of years
ago I had LinuxPPC on the computer and it worked great, but LinuxPPC is
defunct, and I can't get any newer distro of PPC Linux to run X on my
machine. I reinstalled LinuxPPC and looked at the XF86Config file to
see if I could use it with the newer versions, but it is ... minimal is
an understatement. Where the XF86Config files with the newer distros
are several hundred lines, the older version is less than 50.  But it
works without my having to configure anything.

One thing I have figured out from various Linux lists and the docs on
the XFree86.org site is that I need to specify my video cards. I have
the data, but I can't figure out the syntax to put it in. Here is the
data on the PCI locations I have:

onboard video:  00:d.0 ATI Mach64 215 GT Rev41
ATI XClaim 3D: 00:11.0 ATI Machy64 VT Rev40

If someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

Bert

--
Have you ever noticed that the more time you have, the less you do with
it?