Re: Is there going to be an MSI for php 5.4?

hi,

Yes, but it does not always work as it should and it costs us a lot of
time to maintain. On the other, projects like Wamp, xampp, easyphp,
phpmanager for IIS do a great job to simplify updates and
installations of newer PHP. They also use our binaries, so everything
is fine.

However, if anyone is willing to maintain it further, we indeed have
no problem to continue and provide them as convenience.

Cheers,

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM, Steven Scott <chowarmaan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Justin Dearing <zippy1981@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Pierre,
>>
>> I don't NEED it but I like it. Was going to suggest adding IIS express
>> support to it.
>>
>> I can live with phpmanager for IIS andthe command line tools, I find the
>> MSI superior and was looking forward to figuring out how to do custom
>> silent installs  with it.
>>
>> Justin
>> On Mar 8, 2012 7:16 PM, "Pierre Joye" <pierre.php@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> As of now, no more msi. In the need of it?

>>> --
>>> Pierre
>>>
>>> @pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org
>>>

> Installing to any web server, and configuring the IIS settings
> especially, as well as the INI setup, was a great feature of the MSI.
> It will be missed.  I have not worked with PHPManager much, as the MSI
> was great.  The MSI also works well with our current software
> distribution tools, which only work with MSI.
>
> --

Pierre