From: Lester Caine [mailto:lester@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2010 9:01 AM
To: php-windows
Subject: Re:  Re: [PHP-DB] Cannot connect to MySQL

Gunawan Wibisono wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  First of all, I apologise if I do something wrong, because I'm new to this
>  weird system.
>
>  For test purposes, I have installed Apache 2.2.14 with PHP 5.3.1 and MySQL
>  5.1.44 on Windows 7 Home Premium. However, whenever I try accessing MySQL
>  via PHP, I get the following error:
>
>  A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
>  respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
>  connected host has failed to respond.
>
>  MySQL's command line client is still working fine. I think that PHP simply
>  does not see MySQL, though the settings in php.ini seem to be correct.
>  Earlier (before I upgraded to Windows 7 and PHP 5.3) it worked. I've tried
>  turning off the antivirus, because sometimes it may cause timeouts, but it
>  didn't help. Can someone please help me fix this?

PHP does not come with any database enabled by default, so you will need to
enable one. For MySQL just look in php.ini for the line
;extension=php_mysql.dll
and remove the ';' at the front, and then restart Apache.
The first page you should create is

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Which will list all the modules that are active ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL