Re: A way available to test PHP CGI builds.

hi,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Venkat Raman Don
<Don.Raman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to announce that with the commit http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=294232, we can have a way to test PHP-CGI.exe on Windows. More details around this can be found at http://blogs.iis.net/donraman/archive/2010/02/01/wincache-test-code-committed-to-pecl-paves-a-way-to-test-php-cgi.aspx.
>
> It does need some more thinking and work. Please let me know in case you have some ideas and willing to contribute.

It was already possible to test php-cgi.exe just fine before by
setting the required ENVIRONMENT variables. That's what we use for the
run-tests cmd in our tree (all platforms), it supports post/upload/get
as well.

Am I mistaken or what this application does is to remote control IE to
load a given URL? This URL being the test we like to test, from the
document root? If yes, that's something relatively easy to do using
PHP directly (php supports http natively btw). It is also easy to run
the test using a given users using runas, that does not match 100% the
configuration of IIS+FCGI, but from a PHP only point of view, it
covers all cases.

Btw, take a look at the server scripts in the php src tree.

Cheers,
--
Pierre