Re: 32-bit Wine on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04?

Vincent123 wrote:
> Installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit today, then wine, and found out that programs are now installed in directories like Program Files or Program Files (x86).
> It seems like I have 64-bit Wine or something?..
> Then I want to get a 32-bit ver of Wine on my 64-bit OS.
> That may sound stupid, but I think some of my programs stopped working because of this.
> When I tried installing WMP9 through Winetricks, it said that 64-bit OS aren't supported or something >_<
> Please, help me to get the 32-bit version back! :(

Yes, you have 64 bit Wine, and yes, that can cause many programs to stop working.

If properly packaged, you should also have 32 bit Wine, and can create a 32 bit wineprefix with WINEARCH=win32. Note this has to be set on wineprefix creation; you can't change the architecture of an existing wineprefix.

If not properly packaged to include the necessary 32 bit parts, I imagine Ubuntu does nonetheless have 32 bit packages for people using 32 bit Ubuntu, and you should be able to uninstall your 64 bit Wine and install just the 32 bit version. But I don't use Ubuntu, so you will have to ask about that on the Ubuntu forum.