Re: Setting Virtual Memory For Wine Apps

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM, winepunk <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I read the wiki on wineprefix, I don't quite get it.  When I ran the program as su, it set up a new .wine directory in root.

The problem might actually be that you ran Wine as root (super-user)
and not as a regular user when you created the Prefix (bottle as some
folks like to call it.)

Does what you describe happen if you delete the prefix you created as
superuser and then try to create a new prefix and install/run the
program as a regular user (I'm quite confused by all of the traffic in
this thread and just want clarification.)

James