err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

Hello, I'm trying to run wine on my mac, I'm running Lion, and i have a fresh install of wine through macports. Whenever i try to run the installer for a program, it gives me a 30 second delay, then give me the message "err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out" This even happens when i try to run winecfg. Please help  [Crying or Very sad]