VOLCANO: photo needed for the cover of the "handbook for volcanic risk management"

photo needed for the cover of the "handbook for volcanic risk management"
From: Costantini Licia <Licia.Costantini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Volcano Listservers

We are urgently looking for a photo for the cover of the "Handbook for volcanic risk management", made by the European MIAVITA project (http://miavita.brgm.fr). The handbook deals with al the aspects of volcano risk management, from monitoring to preparedness, from reduction of vulnerability to crisis management. It will be printed (around 800 copies) in November 2012 and it will be distributed, free of charge, to civil protection authorities and international organizations related to volcanic risk and emergency management. The online version will be uploaded on various websites for a free download.

The photo we look for should show one of MIAVITA targeted volcanoes: Fogo (Cape Verde), Mount Cameroon (Cameroon), Merapi (Indonesia), Kanlaon (Philippine). In general we are oriented to have a not erupting volcano or a volcano with some activities (nothing very strong), and with people and/or sign of human activities (buildings, infrastructures, crops etc.).

Photo constraints: size shall be at least 10cm x 15cm, with a minimum resolution of 300dpi

We need the agreement of the photographer.

Thank you very much

Please send photos via email to (or contact us for having our ftp address):

licia.costantini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

vittorio.bosi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Licia Costantini, Ph.D
Dipartimento della Protezione Civile
Ufficio Rischio Sismico e Vulcanico - SIV
via Vitorchiano 2 - 00189 - Roma
mail: licia.costantini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx