VOLCANO: Georgia Tech Faculty Position in Solid-Earth Geosciences

Georgia Tech Faculty Position in Solid-Earth Geosciences
From: Andrew Newman <anewman@xxxxxxxxxx>

*Faculty Position in Solid Earth Geosciences*

The School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS) at Georgia Tech invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in solid-earth geosciences. We are seeking candidates interested in a range of topics that complement our existing strengths: tectonophysics, electric field methods, quantitative geomorphology, rock mechanics, physical petrology, seismology, geodynamics, geodesy, volcanology, and processes related to geologic hazards.  We are particularly interested in candidates that incorporate field-based research with numerical and/or laboratory studies. Applicants at the Assistant Professor level are sought, although outstanding individuals at all levels will be considered. We seek individuals who are interested in working in a dynamic interdisciplinary academic and research environment that includes geophysics, planetary sciences, geochemistry and geobiology, atmospheric chemistry and dynamics, oceanography, and paleoclimatology.

Georgia Tech, consistently a top ranked educational/research institution, is undergoing growth in earth and planetary sciences. The School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences currently has 29 faculty members and 93 graduate students, and has excellent facilities in the 265,000 square-foot Environmental Science and Technology Building. For more information about our School and academic programs, visit www.eas.gatech.edu. Applicants should send an application letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of research and teaching interests, and the names and contact information for at least three references. PDF applications should be emailed to facultysearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Requests for information should be directed to Dr. Andrew Newman (anewman@xxxxxxxxxx). Applications will be considered beginning November 1, 2012 but the search will continue until the position is filled. Georgia Tech is a unit of the University System of Georgia and an equal education/employment opportunity institution.

--