VOLCANO: [AGU Session] V015: Experimental Modelling of Volcanic and Magmatic Processes

[AGU Session] V015: Experimental Modelling of Volcanic and Magmatic Processes
From: "Benoit Taisne (Asst Prof)" <BTaisne@xxxxxxxxxx>

V015: Experimental Modelling of Volcanic and Magmatic Processes

Description: Experimental studies are central to our understanding of volcanic and magmatic phenomena and provide a vital link between real-world observations and numerical modelling. Distilling a complex natural system into a well-constrained experiment allows systematic exploration of the fundamental controls on behaviour, yielding quantitative outputs which form the basis for further studies. We invite contributions which describe experiments and the insights and discoveries which derive from them. Topics include, but are not limited to, magma degassing, magma motion, magma rheology, and dynamics of pyroclastic plumes and flows. We particularly welcome contributions comparing experimental results with field measurements and numerical models.

Deadline for submission : 8 August 2012

See you in San-Francisco,

Sincerely,

The Conveners