Union of Concerned Scientists

I want to apologize up front to any of you that consider this message to be inappropriately political.

Nonetheless, as a geologist alarmed by the declining role of science and reason in public debates over complex environmental, technological, and social issues, I’ve joined with over 30,000 colleagues worldwide and become a member of the Union of Concerned Scientists (http://www.ucsusa.org). For over 40 years, UCS has used the best available scientific data to inform policy debates, decision making, and public awareness. I invite you to check out the UCS website and consider joining the organization if you find its message to be consistent with your values and interests.

Thank you.

Jon

Jonathan Fink

Vice President for Research and Strategic Partnerships

Portland State University

Box 751 - ORSP

Portland, OR 97201-0751

(503) 725-9944 (assistant)