VOLCANO: Final Reminder: Invitation to contribute to a GSL Special Publication on "Orogenic Andesites and Crustal Growth"

Final Reminder: Invitation to contribute to a GSL Special Publication on "Orogenic Andesites and Crustal Growth"
From: Georg Zellmer <gzellmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues -

Apologies for duplicate postings.

As communicated last year, we have been approached by the Geological Society of London (GSL) to edit a book on the theme of "The origin of orogenic andesites", based in part on our Fall AGU 2011 session on this topic.

We think such a compendium will be very useful given recent progress and changing views on andesite genesis since the appearance of Jim Gill's hallmark book "Orogenic Andesites and Plate Tectonics” published 30 years ago. Our working title for the edited book is "Orogenic Andesites and Crustal Growth".

Again, please note that papers in a GSL Special Publication are now referenced by the major citation indexes. Three (3) free colour figures are allowed in the print version for each paper, and any number of figures can be in colour for free in the online version. Submission is done online, and GSL allows for electronic appendices. For an idea about the format of GSL SPs, you may check the following volume as an example: http://sp.lyellcollection.org/content/vol304/issue1/

We have already found a number of interested contributors, and are planning to write a book proposal before end of this month, upon which the final selection of the contributed paper titles by the GSL will take place. We send out this email in order to allow those of you who are interested in contributing but have not notified us yet to do so by 15 January.

If interested, please provide us with a preliminary paper title and a 3 sentence summary of the paper you would like to contribute, unless you have already done so.

A target date for potential paper submission would be in spring 2012. However, because six reviewed and accepted articles are enough to start publishing the book online, a hard deadline for potential late contributions may be slightly later (just in case you find that you have something interesting to contribute but will only be able to complete your study by early summer).

Best wishes,

Arturo Gomez-Tuena,    Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, tuena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Susanne Straub,    Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, smstraub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Georg Zellmer,    Academia Sinica, Taipei, gzellmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx