Passwordfile Configuration

Hi all,

We have RealVNC 4.6.1 (r54321) and all workstations in our company are set
up with RealVNC server, and all have the same password. I would like a way
for our help desk staff to not have to enter this universal password every
single time.

I think we can accomplish this through the "passwordfile" parameter in the
"Expert" tab of the viewer "Connection Options". I've copied the encrypted
password from the registry entry into a file and saved as plaintext. Next,
point the "passwordfile" option under the "Expert" tab to c:\pw. When I try
to connect to another computer, I put in the ip and after enter it tells me
that the username or password is incorrect.

The password file has to be right... I've tried copying and made sure there
were no spaces after the password. Any syntaxes such as "password=123213jfj"
bring up the "password obscufication" error-- it has to be exactly the
length of that the registry string is.

Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm really stumped and RealVNC tech support
just told me that "this functionality worked in linux, and SHOULD work in xp
too", but could not confirm. Any ideas or pointers? Thanks in advance.

-Sean