RE: VNC to N3 network?

If the computers within the surgery are members of a Windows Domain, they
may have their firewalls controlled by a Group Policy so that you cannot
open the ports necessary for VNC.  It ought to be possible to see this
before you go any further.

If you can open ports to VNC then there is a straightforward solution.

Identify or provide a suitable phone line into the surgery premises.  Buy an
ADSL service for that phone line.  Install a router that supports a
LAN-to-LAN VPN, and connect it to the LAN in the surgery.  You can then VPN
to any machine on the LAN within the surgery.  There may be a problem in
that the router in the surgery may have each port firewalled to allow only
machines with known MAC addresses to connect - if you try connecting a test
laptop you should be able to confirm or deny this.

Clearly you should have the co-operation of the surgery staff to achieve
this, and of course a budget.

Regards,

-- Graham Jones