Re: Xserver and VNC

 On 13-10-2010 6:47, Ajay Jain wrote:
I use a Cygwin Xserver on Windows for Xterms. Now I have to access a
remote desktop using VNC. I find that if I open both, they conflict.
For example, if you do a copy/paste operation, both of them hang. Is
there any information on this? I need to use both of them at the same
time.
If the copy/paste fails on you, I think you have to look at the copy/paste settings at both ends. Start looking at the X11 side (your cygwin Xserver). X11 is known to have multiple buffers that can be used with copy and paste. I recall the existance of a 'select' buffer and a difference between the right-mouse-button copy and a menu-copy. Have a look at the setting of these and if/how they are handled with your desktops copy/paste buffer (I expect msWindows here).

You can also have a look at other vncviewer-implementations like real-vnc, tight-vnc, true-vnc and such. There are also more commercial implementations.

Success