Re: Maximum connected computers

On 7-6-2010 14:46, Bill Manthorp wrote:
> Dear list,
>

> Can you please advise how many computers may view the screen of a VNC server
> machine and what are the criteria for determining this number?

Well, the number of connected users is fairly limited in controll. As
far as I know, the only options are:
- 0: none at all: switch the vnc server off
- 1: only a single user can access. It is configurable if this is the
first user that connects or the last. See the options and be creative
- all: All users that connect can access. Somewhere there is a limit in
the max number but as far as I know, this is not limited by the software
or such, it is mainly limited by the capacity of the systems in use.
Possible bottlenecks include the cpu, the network bandwith, the number
of ports available and such.
- more: If the capacity of the vnc-server is reached, I recall there is
a kind of vnc-proxy somewhere, which can be used to have a sinlge access
to the effective vnc-server and provide more client connections. Mainly
in use as either a firewall/dmz proxy for read-only sessions.

Success

CBee