Command line version of connecting to listening viewer doesn't work

Hi,

I am trying to create an icon for connecting to a listening viewer with the
information that I gathered about this subject, but it doesn't work.
All I can see, that a black DOS command line window pops up for a
millisecond in the left upper corner of the screen, but nothing else
happens.
The same computer has no problem connecting to the listening viewer by
having the user typing (copy/pasting) the IP address of the viewer in the
window.

(The port 5500 on the firewall of the listening viewer is forwarded to the
listening computer (otherwise the manual method wouldn't work either,
right?)

This is the command line that I think should work, but it doesn't: (IP
address here is a bogus one, of course)

"C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\winvnc4.exe" -connect 99.999.999.99:5500

Any idea why this command line doesn't work but manually the PC can connect
to the listening viewer without any problem?

Geza