RE: java pages do not show

> When I connect to my PC at work and then try to download
> fixes from IBM on my work computer, their website uses java
> for the login and download pages, but I cannot see anything
> on those java web pages via VNC. Any ideas?

Unfortunately this sounds like the classic VNC-ports-blocked scenario.
You'll have to check with your netadmin to see if the proxy server is
passing through traffic on the required ports (5800/5900). As an
alternative, you could try configuring port forwarding on your home
connection so that it's accessible on an open port (SMTP/POP/HTTP/FTP), or
you could use a web-based solution like LogMeIn.