Re: Connecting

John Griffiths wrote:
> I have installed VNC and I am attempting to connect to another computer.
>
> The other computer is the server and the IP is: 10.1.1.2

By definition of this address (10.x.y.z) is not routed. Hence this
connection only works if your local machine is in the same subnet (also
10.x.y.z) and they can ping each other.

If you are remote, the routing runs over one or more routers, you most
likely need to setup a route, like a nat-route or something.

For what its worth, the 10.x.y.z address range is the A-class
free-range. There are more free-ranges, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network (or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address) for details.