VNC in listening mode, connection fails with "read: Connection reset by peer (10054)

Greetings,

I have my home PC configured to "Run Listening VNC Viewer", and the PC has a
static IP address of 192.168.2.10 behind a wireless Belkin router.  I have
port-forwarded TCP ports 5500, 5800, and 5900 in my Belkin router to the
same port addresses in 192.168.2.10, and I have configured my PC's McAfee
firewall to open TCP ports 5500, 5800, and 5900.   I downloaded the
PFPortChecker program from portforward.com, and it confirms that all three
ports are indeed open.

I have also created a DDNS hostname at dyndns.org so that I have a hostname
whose DNS resolution will work even as Comcast periodically changes the IP
address they give me.  I configured the Belkin router to update the
dyndns.org site whenever the Comcast address changes.  I am able to ping my
machine successfully using the DDNS hostname.  So far, so good.

On another PC in my Belkin's internal network, I can start up the VNC
Server, select "Add Client", and connect to the listening viewer
successfully by using 192.168.2.10, and can see the server machine's
desktop.  Works perfectly.  If on that same machine I instead select "Add
Client" but use the dyndns.org hostname, a pop-up immediately appears on the
listening machine saying "read: Connection reset by peer (10054)".  If I
click OK in the pop-up, the same message appears two more times, at which
point the VNC server machine reports "Connection failed".  Any idea why this
is failing?  It doesn't seem to be a port-forward problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Kevan