Re: 3.8 Specification Palette color ambiguity

Den 2009-09-24 01:41 skrev Jon Watte:
> In SetColourMapEntries, are the color values high-justified (most
> significant bits) or left-justified (least significant bits -- if so,
> how many?)
>
> My guess is high-justified, but the spec leaves this up to the
> imagination, so I thought I'd check to make sure.
>
> Sincerely,

Huh? All 16 bits are significant. If you want to insert something
with fewer bits (as a server), I suggest you duplicate your bits until
all the bits are filled. E.g. if you have a 5-bit intensity 01001b, I
suggest that you send 01001 01001 01001 0b, or 0x4a52. If you only need
less (as a client), I suggest you grab the most significant bits.

Cheers,
Peter