Re: Negotiating server screen size

Pierre Ossman a écrit :
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:40:29 +0200
> Peter Rosin <peda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Den 2009-09-14 21:37 skrev Christophe Lohr:
>>
>>> So, I wonder if a protocol extension could be interesting. Isn't it?
>>>
>> Look here:
>> http://www.tigervnc.org/cgi-bin/rfbproto
>>
>> And search for ExtendedDesktopSize. I don't know what implementations
>> support that extension though...
>>

> TigerVNC 1.0.0 does, but I haven't seen anyone else mentioning it yet.

Excellent, it works!

However, this feature is about resizing screen of an existing session.
It may have some funny effects:
- let's start Xvnc on an big screen:
$ ./Xvnc :2 -geometry 1600x1024 -once  -SecurityTypes none -query
localhost -once

- then start vncviewer requesting a small screen:
$ ./vncviewer DesktopSize=640x480 localhost:2

One can only see the top left corner of the xdm login window which is at
the center of the 1600x1024  screen...
Do windows receive any XWindow event to be warned that the screen size
has changed?

Another strange point is that the DesktopSize should belong to a short
list of standards screens sizes... As far as I understand source code,
it is in relation to xrandr !?

Regards