Fake Dual Monitors

Hello!

I am wondering if it is possible to actually "fake" dual monitors on a
windows or *nix system with no monitor/keyboard/mouse attached to it.
Currently I have a few dual monitor machines that I do vnc to and from,
however it seems the local settings (what windows detects) is a limitation
on how much desktop I can show.

Any Ideas?