Re: Windows Vista / Windows 7

On Fri Jul 24, 2009 at 08:46:32AM -0400, John Aldrich wrote:

> I have a test machine running Windows 7 that I'm planning to put in a semi-
> production environment. Can anyone advise of a version of VNC that will
> work on that machine? TigerVNC does not work, and I'm not sure if TightVNC
> will work or not. I see that the paid-for version of RealVNC works on
> Windows Vista, but I don't have a budget for that.

You could try Ultr@VNC (http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/) - it's a
Windows-only version, and a quick glance at the forums suggests that
it's Windows 7 compatible.

Last I'd heard it wasn't 100% compatible with other VNC versions though
(I think they'd used some protocol IDs that have since been officially
allocated elsewehere), but this may no longer be true.

HTH,
    Robin
--
     ___