minimize full-screen vncviewer from script

hi,

I am running vncviewer in full screen mode from a linux system. When ever I
pop-up a window from a acpi event, the window comes up in the background,
which I would like to come in the foreground. Is there any way to do this,
or if not so then is there any way to minimize the vncviewer window from a
script(not from a keystroke).

Thanks,
Siddharth