Re: password option on command-line for vncviewer

On Nov 11, 2007 7:45 PM, Sir Jo <sergio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi mailing-list   :-)
>
> I want to connect to a server using command-line.
>
> If I try this, it works
> vncviewer.exe myserver.com
> but appeare a box that ask to me the password, and I need to insert it.
>
> How I need to insert password into command-line ??
>
> I have try these, but it don't works !!!
>
> vncviewer myserver.com -password mypassword
> vncviewer myserver.com -passwd mypassword
> vncviewer myserver.com /password mypassword
> vncviewer myserver.com -password mypassword
> vncviewer myserver.com password=mypassword
>
> :-(
>
> Is it possible to call vncviewer.exe with password option ???

     Maybe not.  Maybe this is intentional in order to prevent hackers from
programming robots to try all possible combinations.

     Anyway, if you want to open vncviewer from the command line, you could
first save your VNC connection to a config file and then use the command:
vncviewer -config <file>
to open it again.

     HTH