Re: VNC-List digest, Vol 1 #2242 - 2 msgs

>Animesh Pathak wrote:
>> hi guys,
>>
>> i have been using real vnc for quite sometime now and started to realize the
>> need of a keyboard shortcut to come out of vnc viewer when it is in focus. i
>> searched on this mailing list about alt-tab keys and creating shortcuts to
>> switch focus among windows INSIDE vnc viewer but i guess those mails are old
>> when vnc viewer didn't catch these key events and lost focus to other
>> Windows application.
>>
>> I wanted to create a shortcut key (or some keyboard control) that can take
>> me out of vnc viewer and to next available Windows application. I am not
>> sure if there is any such facility. If so, do let me know. I would
>> appreciate any response.
>>

>    Sorry but your long sentences without period made me less capable to
>understand correctly your message :p
>
>    So, when you press Alt+Tab, what do you want exactly?  You want the
>OS inside VNC viewer to get this keypress?  Or the opposite, ie, the OS
>outside VNC viewer to get this keypress?

>    FYI, "OS inside VNC viewer" is called VNC server side OS, while "OS
>ouside VNC viewer" is called VNC client side OS.

ooops, i didn't realize that i wrote my problem in just a sentence. :|
sorry for that... let me rephrase it.

When I press Alt-tab key and vnc client is in focus, I want the OS
inside VNC viewer to get this keypress event. Thats how it is
currently. I don't have any issues with it.

What I want to do is to define a shortcut key, for instance
shift-alt-tab or ctrl-alt-tab, that does the following.
When vnc viewer is in focus and I press this shortcut key, it switches
to the next application running on OS outside vnc viewer.