How can I define my own shortcut key?

hi guys,

i have been using real vnc for quite sometime now and started to realize the
need of a keyboard shortcut to come out of vnc viewer when it is in focus. i
searched on this mailing list about alt-tab keys and creating shortcuts to
switch focus among windows INSIDE vnc viewer but i guess those mails are old
when vnc viewer didn't catch these key events and lost focus to other
Windows application.

I wanted to create a shortcut key (or some keyboard control) that can take
me out of vnc viewer and to next available Windows application. I am not
sure if there is any such facility. If so, do let me know. I would
appreciate any response.

thanks
animesh