Re: Cannot connect two PC's operating under the same Linksys router

Skip:

	Yikes, 20 hours. :) Have a look here:

http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/64.html

	The important thing to keep in mind is that after you've
setup your routers port-forwarding, you will not be able to connect
to them -- using the external IP address -- from the inside. A lot
of users actually have things setup correctly, but fail to test
it correctly, and think they did something wrong.

	To test your router's port-forwarding settings from inside
the LAN, try this:

http://www.gotomyvnc.com/

cheers,
Scott

After digging through all the old posts and spending approximately 20 hours
trying to establish a connection I cannot for the life of me determine what
the solution would be. So I bow to the wisdom that is this list and ask for
your help.
I have 2 home computers, both running Windows XP Pro, one a IBM laptop and one
an older Compaq PC. I have an internal wireless card in the IBM that works
fine and even allows me to 'view' a remote computer outside of my home
perfectly.
The desktop is using a Netgear wireless WG111 v.2 USB wireless adapter. I'm
using the current (4.1) version of RealVNC.
My problem is that I cannot seem to link the 2 computers at home (both under a
linksys wrt54g), I've updated my firmware on the router to the current linksys
version and attempted virtually every possible combination I could think of.
I've disabled all firewalls & antivirus software and have even been able to
network the two hard drives (via Windows network wizard) and connect with
Window's Remote Desktop just fine. But I CANNOT create a connection with
RealVNC (or PcAnywhere for that matter), no matter what I do.
I have ensured the fast 'user switching' is disabled and both computers access
the 'net' just fine.
All attempts time out. I'm trying to use the laptop to remotely access the
desktop and this is now more of a personal battle than anything.
I am at a complete loss. Can anyone else provide a workable solution? It's now
more a case of curiosity rather than any necessity but I hate being defeated
by technology. ;-)
I thank you in advance.