How to toggle full-screen mode with a tablet PC?

I have a tablet PC that VNC's into a server which is running an app in
kiosk mode. When connecting the tablet to the server, I go right into
full-screen mode via the settings. However, the tablet computer does not
have a mouse nor keyboard so I'm stuck in full-screen mode forever!  Is
there any way I can trigger escape from full screen mode any other way?