Re: Controlling desktops of non-administrator users on XP

RealVNC does not work with Fast User Switching in XP. So, instead of using "Switch User", log all the way out, then log in as a non-admin, and it should work fine.

frankske D wrote:
Hi,
I  have installed VNC when logged in as administrator. When logged in as
administrator there is no problem controlling the desktop from another machine
using the VNC client.

However, when I log in as a user without administrative rights, I do get the
password prompt, but after having entered it and pressing OK, I get an error
message.

The fact that I do get a password prompt indicates that the service is
running, but presumably there is something wrong with the rights.

Any ideas on how this can be solved?

Cheers,

Frank