Re: saa7134 surveillance

2009/6/2 hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 02.06.2009, 01:31 +0200 schrieb S P:
>> It has 4 chips only, and 2 D-SUB-like input, and it has four-four
>> coax(for video) and eight-eight RCA(for sound) cable per input.
>> If you wish, I could make a picture of it.
>>
>> Regards, Peter Sarkozi
>
> if it has only four chips, it can only support four inputs at once.
>
> The idea having 8 cameras at once is realized only in software then,
> by switching between at least two inputs per saa713x.
>
> The card=0 only has one input per saa713x chip, so you should add the
> second one for each. Have a look at saa7134-cards.c.
>
> In short, it likely is only a software and not a driver problem.
>
> Only if the TS/DVB input is used at once, the chips can handle two
> inputs at the same time. Some (likely unsupported) hardware mpeg/TS
> encoder there?
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann
>

>> 2009/6/2 hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx>:
>> > Hi,

>> > that won't help.
>> >
>> > We had always support for at least eight saa713x chips.
>> >
>> > Do you have four such chips on the board or eight?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Hermann

Ok, I had a look at saa7134-cards.c, and saw that the third
card(card=2 parameter) has 2 composite input, and voila, with that
parameter, I can see both camera with zoneminder(I think because it
don't have to see them continuously, just 5-15 fps, and could switch
between them fast), they are on channel 2 and 3 per chip.
Thanks for the really fast help, I appreciate it. Without you I would
have never thought of looking at that file.

--
Regards, Peter Sarkozi