Re: testing soc_camera with mt9m001 on pxa270

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:16:48 +0100 (CET)
> Von: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx>
> An: Maik Steuer <Maik.Steuer@xxxxxx>
> CC: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx, kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: Re: testing soc_camera with mt9m001 on pxa270

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Maik Steuer wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm testing at the moment the capture interface with the soc-camera and
> > mt9m001 driver.
> >
> > I fixed all I2C routines to test without any connected camera like
> > mt9m001, because we want to use another camera hardware as mt9m001.
> >
> > To read out the capture buffer I use the example project capture.c from
> > V4L2-API with mmap(). The ioctl (fd, VIDIOC_REQBUFS, &req) at the
> > beginning of initialization fails.  I have debuged the most important
> > parts of the driver (pxa_camera, soc_camera and mt9m001) but I can't
> > find the mistake.
> >
> > Any Idea?
>
> Sorry, no. Without knowing what kernel version you're using, without
> seeing your "fixes to all I2C routines" I don't think anyone would be able
> to tell you what the problem is.

I'm using 2.6.27.7. The fixes are easy. The two functions reg_read() and reg_write() in mt9m001.c returns always with 0 and the included i2c_smbus_read_word_data() and i2c_smbus_write_word_data() were commented out. I set the MT9M001_CHIP_VERSION to 0x8431 and set the default data_width to 8. That's all. In the V4L2-API capture example I set the right color space (in this case V4L2_PIX_FMT_GREY).

> And anyway you wouldn't get too far
> without a real camera - at best when the pxa will start capturing, it will
> timeout waiting for sync signals. Maybe you would be able to do this if
> you switch to the slave mode, but beware, that this mode hasn't been
> tested.

The pxa doesn't start capturing. That's my target to test the capture interface. I don't know if there is an easier way to start capturing as with the capture example from V4L2-API.

> I would suggest you tell us what camera you are going to use, maybe
> someone is already working on a driver for it. If not - you write a driver
> yourself and start working with a real hardware.

At the moment the camera is only a FPGA which sends 8 Bit dummy data with hsync, vsync and pixclock. So I can change all necessary parameters for pxa requirements.

I throught that the ioctl (fd, VIDIOC_REQBUFS, &req) starts soc_camera_reqbufs() but it isn't so.

greets
Maik