Re: DVB-T on AsusTek P7131 Dual device:4876

Am Donnerstag, den 07.09.2006, 09:06 +0200 schrieb
giuseppe.bortolan@xxxxxxxxx:
> Hi all,
> Many thanks for supporting me.
> Now the tuning on DVB-T it's working, it was really a problem of making and install modules whom I did not perform after I made the changes -- :( apoligies ---.
> Thanks also to Erik for the clarification the directories are really /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware or/and /lib/firmware .
> I did put the firmware inside them.
> Starting mplayer in dvb I get part of a still image, with mplayer output error who say probably problem with the audio output device ... try with oss-alsa emulation.
> I will go in deep of it but maybe you guru's can give me a shortcut .....

Hi Giuseppe,

sounds fine.

For recent mplayer, mine are too old, have a look at the linux-dvb ml at
linuxtv.org. Nico Sabbi gave lots of instructions, there are also
interesting hints for using "vlc".

Also get dvb-apps from the mercurial tree there.

For using saa7134-oss and saa7134-alsa I gave some samples recently
again.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-video&m=115689213813854&w=2

For recording analog with mencoder and saa7134-alsa you could use
something like
/usr/local/bin/mencoder -v tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:width=640:height=480:chanlist=europe-
west:alsa:adevice=hw.1,0:audiorate=32000:amode=1:forceaudio:volume=95:immediatemode=0:norm=PAL -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=3600 -vf pp=lb -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128:mode=0 -o myrecord.avi

If you connect the analog output on the card to some sound card input
life gets easier for example with "tvtime". Be aware that the two pins
in the middle of the audio connector are ground. Using an unmodified
cdrom audio cable will give you only one channel! Connect I/O 1:1.

For dvb-t it is best to create an own up to date channels.conf file.

./dvbscan -n -o zap -p dvb-t/it-Your_Place > channels.conf
Some like this with corrects paths on your PC should do it.
Put it in ~/.tzap .xine ...

Select DVB in xine and use the playlist editor to switch channels.
Kaffeine is also a nice app which uses .xine channel.conf and does
record.

Gerd's xawtv4 prerelease from cvs.bytesex.org is also fine for viewing
and recording. It records in mpeg PS format, which according to my
experience makes it easier to edit the files e.g. in "avidemux2" without
audio sync troubles, but on the analog part it is slow on switching.
The tuner is a bit slow on that compared to a can tuner, but tvtime is
fairly quick after init. On DVB-T xawtv4 is fast.

Older mplayers one can just use by tuning with tzap -r "channelname" and
mplayer -v /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 . You can also cat > file.ts/mpg from
there.

Remember the antenna switching. Old behavior is cable-tv and dvb-t are
on cable-tv input. Only after using radio dvb-t goes to FM/RF input or
apply the recent patch.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg28220.html

Nickolay and Marc came up with a patch for the remote recently and
finally we got it working and could add key codes for testing. Patch is
http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg28190.html

With rc5_keycode_timeout=50 for saa7134 it works perfect for me,
can't tell if it is the same on your device.

Hope you can find something useful.

ciao,
Hermann