Re: FusionHDTV3 Gold-T / Thomson DDT 7610 - analog NTSC tuner dead - digital ATSC still works

Michael Krufky wrote:
CityK wrote:

a) Is there any chance that your loss of analog might be in any way related to this: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-July/003536.html ? I'm not sure what Mac eventually introduced, or whether or not it would possibly have affected your card.

No... Mac was talking about ways to switch RF inputs on the FusionHDTV3 Gold-Q model, which used a microtune tuner with two RF inputs. My tuner only has one input, and it has always worked with Mac's callback implementation. Kirk has used a similar method to implement this in nxt200x.

Yep, that is very clear. I'm just throwing out ideas ... Recall that you wrote:

/ I use the same rf input to use
/>/ OTA VSB as I use for cable QAM.  I think that if you
/>/ altered the frontend like this, it could break the
/>/ usability on my board./

I was just wondering if there was (a long shot) connection between your analog going dead and this.....I was thinking along the lines of a bit becoming "stuck" ... which reminds me, was there not discussion about something being stuck, and requiring a switch into a Windows environment to unstick the bit, early in the development of the Fusion drivers?

Wow... Very interesting thread, although unrelated to this topic.
I hummed and hawed about whether or not to start a new topic ... but as this particular discussion (dead analog in Fusion 3) was introduced in this thread, I thought I would continue it here....Nonetheless, thank you for adjusting the subject heading to more accurately reflect the topic.

Wow... Very interesting thread, although unrelated to this topic. In that thread, Mac was discussing DVB API changes needed to support the American standards.
Yes, I know what Mac was discussing. Perhaps I didn't articulate my points to question b) very well. Anyways, what I was trying to convey was: a) That was the first post Mac made regarding the Fusion 3, in particular, its analog side, and he didn't mention what analog demodulator it was using....In fact, I don't recall him ever mentioning what IC is employed. b) Discovering what analog demodulation IC is used might greatly aid in the discovery of why the analog side of your card is no longer functioning...and whether or not it can be restored (hopefully).

Anyhow,

18ac:d800 FusionHDTV3 Gold     temic4042 + lgdt3302
18ac:d810 FusionHDTV3 Gold-Q   temic4042 + lgdt3302
18ac:d820 FusionHDTV3 Gold-T   thomson7611 + lgdt3302
Yes, I know all that (as you very well should know :-) ) , but it still doesn't answer part (b) --> i.e. what's the analog demod.?

Please note: the 18ac:d800 subsystem id is not yet included in cx88-cards.c, although card=17 will probably work. If somebody can confirm it, then I would be happy to add it in.
Cool. As you already know, I picked this last part of the discussion up on the DVB list. Perhaps Taylor or someone else will let us know.

--Cheers, CK