Re: [PLUGIN] recsearch - a simple search for recordings

Hi,

Am 21.01.2014 21:31, schrieb Joerg Bornkessel:

>> Hi,
>
> Thanks Lars,
> very usefull plugin :)
>
> some hints...
>
> can you please name your release tags with a proper name?
> i.e v0.2.2 > vdr-recsearch-0.2.2.tar.gz
> this makes it more clear, if you mirror the files in the WWW

 The tar.gz is generated by GitHub. Of course I could prefix the version with "recsearch-", but on other
git-web-platforms these kind of tags looks weird, see

 http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/vdr.git/tag/?id=vdr-2.0.5

 Actually the pure version number is the best tag, since then it can be easily used with git-buildpackage, see "the
other godfather" :)

 https://github.com/torvalds/linux/releases

 On my debian-branch I can just ran

 git-buildpackage -tc

 with the following gbp.conf (will add that to my git):

[DEFAULT]
upstream-branch = master
debian-branch = debian

[git-buildpackage]
upstream-tag = v%(version)s

 Hm, writing this, of course I can configure git-buildpackage to recognize other version tags... should have omit the
'v'... :)

> in the untared package it should be named
> recsearch-0.0.2

 For the yaVDR Launchpad PPA I use:
 git archive --format=tar.gz --prefix=vdr-plugin-recsearch-0.2.2/ --output=../vdr-plugin-recsearch_0.2.2.orig.tar.gz
origin/master

 With this you can do whatever you need with the tarball.

> I know, there is no standard, but a closer look over the shoulder how
> the godfather KLS himself it does, should be a good orientation :)
>
> the 2 files last.conf searches.conf should be handled in the vdr
> cache dir, not in the vdr plugins dir?
> else as you can the templates easy handle by the plugins colored
> buttons on OSD

 I decided to use the config-dir, because "cache-dir" sounds a bit "volatile" (a good place for e.g. epg.data which can
fully be rebuild) and the resource-dir should/may be read-only. And after all they are configuration files.

> anyway, this is crying on highest level ;)

 That's good. :)

> thanks

 I thank you for your comments.

Lars.