Re: vdr on an underpowered NAS (D-link DNS 323)

A slightly different topic, but I can imagine decrypting a TV station can be CPU consuming. I expect the NAS to be too slow to decrypt multiple streams at once. Is it possible to record a TV program as an encrypted .ts file? Is it possible to decrypt the file afterwards? Is it possible to only decrypt a TV signal white watching live?

Tonight I will test if VDR records an encrypted show as-is when no OSCAM is available. It looks like streamdev just sends the encrypted file to the browser. On my PC I see the buffer fill with 400KB/s, but no moving image, so I guess it sends it encrypted.

Best regards,
Cedric