Re: LNB sharing interrupts recordings with Twinhan DVBS

Am 06.05.2012 12:20, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> On 06.05.2012 11:59, Midas wrote:

>>> In the context of device bonding "master" means the device that
>>> actually
>>> controls the LNB (either trough voltage/tone or DiSEqC). It has
>>> nothing to
>>> do with whether this device is used for live view or recording.

>>> I'm not sure about that.
>>> I would suggest you use VDR with only one single device at a time and
>>> make sure it can receive all polarizations and bands. If a device or
>>> driver fails to deliver that, you should try to fix it. VDR assumes
>>> that
>>> a device actually works ;-)
>>
>> Just to add this missing info: Both devices work perfectly in a single
>> device setup. Both devices were even capable in the former 1.7.21 dual
>> device setup (with my patch).
>
> Well, then please post your exact setup together with a step-by-step
> set of instructions on how to reproduce the problem. Maybe I can
> reproduce
> it here on my system.
>
> Klaus

Thank you Klaus for your offer and your effort.

I guess this is one of the bugs (not necessarily a vdr one!) which are
relativley hard to track. Yesterday i have reproduced the issue with a
vanilla vdr 1.7.27 and the only plugin being xineliboutput to minimize
potential bug sources. I did not observe any changes, the issue still
appears.

My setup:

debian squeeze
self-built Kernel 3.0.4
media-build git20120504
vdr 1.7.27
Technisat Skystar HD (PCI DVB-S2) -> clone of and recognized as
Technotrend S-3200 (stb0899)
KWorld DVB Satellite card -> clone of Twinhan VP1020 (PCI DVB-S)
WinTV Nova T-Stick (USB DVB-T)
xineliboutput cvs20120415
vdr-sxfe with vdpau on a 8400 GS PCIE
nvidia driver 295.40

Satellite setup:
One satellite cable that is being distributed with a splitter (diode
protected). No priority circuit afaik. In vdr both devices are set to be
connected to cable 1. This is a Diseqc setup and Astra 19.2E and Hotbird
13.0E are receivable. The rest of the setup remains unclear yet most
likely the cable goes to a switch or something though surely not
directly into the lnb.

Symptoms:
AV signal sometimes stops while watching a DVB-S(2) channel (T not
tested). Concerning the log this most likely happens when vdr fails to
tune to a channel while scanning for new transponders in the background.
Device bonding then tries to make another tuner tune to this channel
which in this case obviously is the liveview device.
This not only freezes the liveview AV but also makes recordings stop to
write data on the disc though still being shown as recording in the vdr
osd. Note that the liveview AV signal can be reactivated by switching to
another channel. However this does not revive a recording. (Unsure: If i
recollect correctly it is even possible to switch to channels which
should not be allowed to switch to because of the active timer.)

How to reproduce:
Install vdr 1.7.27, start watching a channel. After minutes the av
signal freezes and the log tells us that device bonding has switched the
master.

(Superstition: There is an imho very small chance this can be triggered
by cpu load which might point to setup probs. I observed the issue once
when i called the osd and in another case when i started compiling the
media build drivers).

Greets

Michael