Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.24

On Sunday 04 March 2012 - 22:51:36, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 04.03.2012 19:04, Timothy D. Lenz wrote:
> > A problem I have run into before is not that a channel is down, though
> > that also happens, but that a tuner is down. I've had tuner crashes, but
> > vdr just stayed with that tuner/chanel and recorded nothing. I currently
> > have 5 ATA tuners. 2 Dual tuner cards and a single.
>
> Didn't VDR report a "video data stream broken" and perform a restart?

That problem coincides with my problem of recordings with length 0 and filesize
of few megabytes. Didn't know that it comes from a crashed tuner.

If I remember right, there was no "video data stream broken" message and after
enabling the automatic shutdown I realized, that the vdr waits until no
recording is active before initiating the restart.

So the automatic restart did not really help anything, especially in
environments, where multiple parallel recordings are most probably to happen.

kind regards

Gero