Re: Patch suggestion: Force CAM reset before upcoming recording

On 29.02.2012 12:13, Heikki Manninen wrote:
I have a number of different Conax CAM modules from different manufacturers and all of them disappear from VDR after a couple of days running. Hitting CAM reset on the CI menu will bring it back "online". Naturally all Conax channel recordings will fail silently as a result of this until the CAM has been brought back up. Switching to an encrypted channel just gives the standard "channel not available" message.

This happens (for me) with Satelco DVB-C card with Satelco CI. From what I understand, this seems to be a common problem though I'm not sure whether it is limited to Satelco devices only.

Would it be possible to force CAM reset on all CI slots when VDR is trying to start recording non-FTA channel?

Wouldn't it be better to fix the actual problem and prevent
the CAM from "disappearing"?

Greetings
Klaus