Re: howto change time of epg grap?

On 06/08/09 13:54, Mr. Tux wrote:
> hello
>
> From what I observe vdr is waiting to grap the epg content of a
> timed recording until this recording starts. There are a bunch of channels
> where this leads to unwelcome side effects:
>
> - Take a channel that is using place holder events in the "now" section
> of epg during commerical breaks between two events.
> - Take a channel that is broadcasting only one status signal, timed
> to the ending of each event. So you have the whole comerical break
> recorded as well.
>
> Vdr will start the recording with the status signal - this one bumps
> right into the
> beginning of the placeholder event. Thus the epg data vdr grabs is from
> the placeholder
> event, thus it is empty.
>
> I know it is the broadcasters fault, not vdr - I assume broadcasters
> using digital vps
> should *never* switch now/next epg events before the next event is
> indeed running.
> They sure can use place holder events between two scheduled events, but
> if they decide
> to do so, they should wait switching now/next event until the next event
> starts.
>
> If my broadcaster only could stick to this rule of thumb, there couldn't
> be a problem, sadly he
> never does.
>
> What can I do?
>
> I'd like vdr to wait a few minutes until he grabs epg data - or vdr
> could grab the epg data right
> away when I add the timer. Both ways sould be working.

If a channel is recorded using "VPS" (which is implemented by using the
PDC descriptors), a particular event has its official broadcast time
encoded in the PDC descriptor, and that's how VDR assigns an event to
the timer. Whatever that event's data is at the time the recording starts
(which happens when the "running status" of the event goes to 2) will be
stored as the recording's info.
I don't see how "waiting a few minutes" would do any good here.

Klaus