Re: Possible problem mounting Video DVD

On 29/01/14 20:54, Dale R. Worley wrote:
From: Stuart T Rogers <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sorry I did not make myself completely clear, these disks mount with the
wrong permissions, my user in this case uid 1000 has no access to the
directory structure of the DVD, either a filemanager or cd in a console
gets permission denied. All other DVDs I create from other recorders
will mount with uid 1000 having read access to the directory structure.

Can you provide the exact mount command that you are using, an "ls
-al" showing what user/group/permissions the files *are* showing up
as, etc.?  There's a tremendous amount of information that you're not
telling us, and even if I had your DVD and your computer in hand, I
couldn't begin to verify that I'm seeing the same problem you are
having.

"How to Report Bugs Effectively"

Dale

OK let me explain, I am not issuing any mount commands myself. I place the DVD in the drive and close it, wait until it appears in the device notifier and select action Open in File Manager, when it opens having been mounted by the system at run/media/stuart/DVD_RECORDER the response from Dolphin is that the permissions wont allow me to open the root directory of the drive for browsing. If I try to play the video using Dragon etc again this works OK the permissions it is mounted with do not stop that action.

This should work. It does work for every other type of DVD Video that I use so long as it is NOT created on the Panasonic DVD Recorder.

I have had a thread open in Fedora forums at http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=296874 which you can review to see what has been tried.

I dont expect to have to do any mount commands manually - the system should handle it for me.

Stuart
--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org