SOUTHWESTERN-NEWS-RELEASE: Kaibab National Forest Fire Information
|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
Enjoy the Kaibab National Forest
Remember Fire Restrictions Remain in Effect
WILLIAMS, Ariz. – As summer gets underway, visitors can enjoy many outdoor recreation activities on the Kaibab National Forest such as camping, hiking, fishing, and birding. However, officials remind the public that the following fire restrictions remain in effect on all National Forest System lands within the Kaibab National Forest until fire danger decreases significantly.
· No fires, campfires, charcoal, coal or wood stoves
· Smoking is limited to enclosed vehicles or buildings
· No firearms except while engaged in lawful hunt
· No use of chainsaws or other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine from 11:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m.
· No welding
· No explosives
· No vehicle use off National Forest System roads, except when parking in an area devoid of vegetation within 30 feet of the roadway and overnight in developed campgrounds and trailheads
· Fireworks are always prohibited on National Forest Land
· Pressurized liquid or gas stoves, lanterns, and heaters that can be turned off are allowed
In addition, the Bill Williams Mountain Watershed on the Williams Ranger District is closed to entry. The closure area is bounded to the east by 4th Street and County Road 73, to the south by Forest Service Road (FSR) 122, to the west by FSR 108 and to the north by Interstate 40.
The public is urged to strictly obey all federal, state, or local fire restrictions currently in place. For information about fire restrictions on private property within Coconino County please visit http://www.coconino.az.gov or in Yavapai County http://www.yavapai.us/ordinances-and-regulations/.
For additional information on fire restrictions on the Kaibab National Forest, call Punky Moore, Fire Information Officer, (928) 635-5653 or 928-635-8311.
Fire Information Officer
Williams & Tusayan Ranger Districts
742 S. Clover Rd.
Williams, AZ 86046
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To receive official Forest Service information by e-mail, please subscribe by visiting http://www.fs.fed.us/news/subscription/
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please visit http://www.fs.fed.us/news/subscription
If you wish to make changes to an existing account, please visit http://www.fs.fed.us/news/changes.shtml