Re: Multiconfiguration and mutil-interface

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Anil Yadav wrote:

> Thanks Alan,
>
> I will see configuration descriptor properly.
>
> The first para of my e-mail says if the gadget with 2 configurations
> and  multiple interfaces got attached to the Host, following things
> must be done -
>
> 1. all the respective interface drivers get loaded for a particular
> configuration.(e.g. if a device supports audio as well video, then
> both audio class interface driver and video driver should get loaded )

The host will load those drivers automatically if your gadget driver
behaves correctly.

> 2.  if i do cat /proc/bus/usb/devices  audio class driver and video
> driver of Host should detect the gadget.

This doesn't make sense.  First of all, /proc/bus/usb/devices has
nothing to do with it -- the gadget will be detected whether you cat
that file or not.  Second, gadget detection isn't handled by audio or
video class drivers; it is handled by the hub driver.

Alan Stern