Re: Tux & Htaccess..

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 22:22, Michael T. Halligan wrote:
> > I've got a couple of boxes that have been running tux+ apache flawlessly for about two years now,
> > and have been very happy with tux for a while.. Unfortunately my customer needs to be able to do
> > access control, and it looks like I"m left high and dry on this if I want to continue using tux.
> >
> > Am I wrong?
> >
> > Does anybody even use this list, or is tux dead?
>
> well Tux will only server world readable files.... so you can mark the
> files which you want under htaccess control not world readable...

How exactly will this help? What I've done now is moved the directory I want protected out of tux's
documentroot, but it still just seems to get it from apache and serves it up ignoring the .htaccess
files..
--
Michael T. Halligan

[Older Fedora Users Mail]     [Home]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [iPod Nano]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Bible]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Docs]