Re: 18 months later: Tux and HTTP request forwarding

(^_^) I personally still see tux a very attractive option, for its speed and ease in setup. Indeed for a time I was really thinking of making it the standard httpd we use here in my place for statistic content. But due to the logging problem (which is solved in the newer version I realize), and this little question mark feature, I had to delay the plan.

Tor.

human bn wrote:

It's starting to look like the Tux project is dead in
the water...

--- victor <victor@outblaze.com> wrote:
I too suffer from the problem, and have so far found
no solution. So what I did was, for some of the machine, I dropped the ? part, for the other I dropped tux and switched to thttp. (^_^!)

Tor.

Charles Bennington wrote:

I have been looking for a way to have tux always
handle requests for
URLs with a question mark in them, but also
discard the text including
and following the question mark.  For example:

http://site/path/file?args ==>
http://site/path/file
This is in an attempt to serve files that are
static by design by have
a random argument appended to the end to defeat
browser caching.
Looking through the archives, I found the message
found at the bottom
of this email and implemented it.  As far as I can
tell, it is only
solving half of my problem.  Now the URLs with
question marks are
being processed by tux, but tux is returning a 404
because the file
does not exist.  It is looking for "file?args"
rather than "file".
Does anyone have any insight in to this and/or
suggestions? They
would be greatly appreciated.

Charles Bennington

Re: Tux and HTTP request forwarding

  * /From/: Ingo Molnar <mingo elte hu>
  * /To/: tux-list redhat com
  * /Subject/: Re: Tux and HTTP request
forwarding
  * /Date/: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:23:37 +0200
(CEST)